Monday 3 June 2013

My name is Chandrashekar, ppl call me Chandru................

A 36- year old bachelor, physically fit, well-built, a person who has the communicative ability to convince any person on any given topic, a person whose past and present were so mysterious, at least for me. For me, observing and analyzing people or things has always been a fascination, so being confident on my judgement I have always tried to avoid him, I have always tried not to like him. Yes, he was Chandrashekar, our project manager, who was always gentle with colleagues, when in a group he was the most formally behaving guy I have ever come across, but when he use to be with only one particular person, especially a guy, his conversation always started with, " My name is Chandrashekar, ppl call me Chandru". And his conversation always ended with, " Why don't you join me for a drink tonight..?"
           It was like, with chandru as the host, and with one single guy as a guest, always meant that the guest would be on a leave for the next 4 days, starting from the next day of the party. And another interesting thing was that nobody ever spoke about the party or they never praised the generosity of Chandru for hosting parties, it seemed like a unsigned pact between them, this was one serious mystery, but i never showed any interest to solve the mystery, because i was quite sure that solving the mystery would cost me some sort of sacrifice.
           One day, as we were informed that one new guy was going to join our team working on our project, under Chandru. His name was shantamurthy, as we welcomed the new guy, i liked him in the first place, there was calmness and innocence in his face, sometimes we like some people just like that, we easily get connected to each other, within a span of few days we became very good friends, we use to be always together, we entered the office together, we worked together, we ate together, we left the office together, which meant chandru never got a chance to have a personal conversation with Shantamurthy. On one such instance on a particular day I had to take a half day leave as I had to attend a function in the afternoon. That day i worked with shantamurthy till 12 o clock noon and left the office.
           In the evening as I was going back to my home after attending the function, I got a call from Shantamurthy, he said that he was invited my Chandru sir for a drink that night, I was shocked on hearing that, in fact I had never told Shantamurthy about Chandru, may be because I was not sure about anything.
I politely asked shantamurthy not to go to Chandru's place, he asked 'why..?'
' just don't go, will talk about that tomorrow' I irritatedly spoke back.
          Our argument continued for another 3 minutes, until he finally, rudely hit me back saying, ' Dear, are you jealous that Chandru sir invited me, he is happy with my performance and he likes me and he has invited me and you are trying to mislead me....",I was shattered on hearing such a thing and I hung up the Phone.
          Next day Shantamurthy didn't come to office, I thought he might be on a 4 days leave, but he didn't return even after 10 days, I tried to call him on his number but he didn't answer, may be he was too shy to talk to me, he never came back, may be because he was too pissed off with Chandru that he didn't want to see his face in future.
         My be i should have spoken to him  about Chandru much earlier, or may be he should have listened to me when i warned him, but there is no place for maybe's when everything is over, only thing that remains with me is the regret for not speaking  with him earlier about Chandru's mystery, and the only thing that remains with him is the regret for not listening to me when i warned him.
        And whatever Chandru Sir might be, one thing i have to admit, " he was a dashing GuY" .

And the LEGEND OF " My name is Chandrashekar, ppl call me Chandru" will go on and on......

This Blog post is my official entry for Colgate Pro-Gum Health contest in association with Indiblogger .

   
             

No comments:

Post a Comment